Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
D&D One-Shot on broad
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

D&D One-Shot on broad

by Amalu » Wed May 31, 2023 7:32 am

My wife was wondering what would happen if she would dm a Dungeons&Dragons 5e One Shot on broad. I imagine we would have more then enough nerds on the cruise to easily do it.

The biggest problem I see is the already tight time budget we all have for concerts, eating, sleeping and merch. :mrgreen:
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: D&D One-Shot on broad

by MuzakMaker » Wed May 31, 2023 8:35 am

The curse of D&D, the BBEG will always be scheduling conflicts.

That being said, if you are the type who loves quick and loose one shots and also spend all night in the merch line, you might find some folks there willing to kill some time that way.
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
  • sflheadbanger
    Petty Officer

by sflheadbanger » Wed May 31, 2023 9:16 am

Amalu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:32 am My wife was wondering what would happen if she would dm a Dungeons&Dragons 5e One Shot on broad. I imagine we would have more then enough nerds on the cruise to easily do it.

The biggest problem I see is the already tight time budget we all have for concerts, eating, sleeping and merch. :mrgreen:
    I haven't played D&D in ages, that sounds like fun. But, I don't think I'll have any time for it as I'll be focused on seeing bands and sleeping. And drinking, but I'll be doing that when I'm not sleeping :smash:
    2023, 2024
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 31, 2023 2:41 pm

LOL I'm an odd one - i'm a MASSIVE D&D FAN BUT NEVER ACTUAL PLAYED :P

As in - video games, movies, books, figures - I have many, but never *actually played* in person, paper-and-pen D&D.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed May 31, 2023 5:47 pm

Amalu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:32 am My wife was wondering what would happen if she would dm a Dungeons&Dragons 5e One Shot on broad. I imagine we would have more then enough nerds on the cruise to easily do it.

Dont know about onboard... but a D&D Pre Party (or after party) does sound awesome to me!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:08 pm

The nerdry of this thread is off charts :ugeek:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • BiffMeatslab
    Wiper

by BiffMeatslab » Wed May 31, 2023 8:04 pm

I'd be interested in that for sure.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 am

Mr.Kito wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:47 pm

Dont know about onboard... but a D&D Pre Party (or after party) does sound awesome to me!
    Hey playing a One Shot for a few hours the day before the cruise would be nice.
    We have nothing really planed on the 28th.
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:41 pm LOL I'm an odd one - i'm a MASSIVE D&D FAN BUT NEVER ACTUAL PLAYED :P

As in - video games, movies, books, figures - I have many, but never *actually played* in person, paper-and-pen D&D.
    Sounds like we absolutely need to change that.

I would surely be able to host a short session with material I have used to play with some scout buddies of mine (who had never heard of D&D before). Either on the 28th basically anytime or the evening of the 27th. I will just need a table large enough and ideally an internet connection (but can work without).
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:30 am

Amalu wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 am
    Mr.Kito wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:47 pm

Hey playing a One Shot for a few hours the day before the cruise would be nice.
    We have nothing really planed on the 28th.
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:41 pm LOL I'm an odd one - i'm a MASSIVE D&D FAN BUT NEVER ACTUAL PLAYED :P

Sounds like we absolutely need to change that.

I would surely be able to host a short session with material I have used to play with some scout buddies of mine (who had never heard of D&D before). Either on the 28th basically anytime or the evening of the 27th. I will just need a table large enough and ideally an internet connection (but can work without).
    I think a lot of people are planning to go on the pre party that usually takes place a day before the cruise, so the evening on the 27th would be a better plan... but be it on the 27h or the 28th, i'm totally up for it! its been over 10 years since last time I actually played Table RPG and more than that since last time I played D&D
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • fswa666
    Oiler

by fswa666 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:00 pm

My wife and I will be arriving the 27th late afternoon from Cali. We would be down to play on or off the boat. Just let us know. Our son plays in Aborted so we won't be missing that LOL. Let's roll some dice!!
    Just Play Dammit!
  • Lyllywyn
    Crewman

by Lyllywyn » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:18 pm

I would totally be up for this on or off the boat. Count me in! :D
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:09 pm

It seems like if you're gonna play, you should play Mörk Borg, since it's advertising tag line is, "A doom metal album of a game. A spiked flail to the face. Light on rules, heavy everything else."
  • Quezalcoatl
    Wiper

by Quezalcoatl » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:32 pm

Hi everyone, Amalu's wife here.
    I want to take up the subject DnD one shot again.
    To not rob anyone off sleep onbroad we decided to do a one shot before boarding.
    The date we settled on is the 28th, exact time to be determined.

There are a few points

1. Who wants to definitely join?
    2. What time would be best for you?
    3. Does anyone know a good location to play? If not, we plan to book a table at a restaurant. Which one exactly depends on who joins and which places are reasonably reachable - and of course what type of food you prefer.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:19 am

Anyone still in on this?

If not, of course also completely fine. No must have.
Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1