Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
Price Confusion.
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

Price Confusion.

by LjlMetal » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:38 am

2024 will be the first time I'll be on the 70,000 Tons Of Metal Cruise. I was just looking up prices for the rooms. This is where my confusion comes in. I looked up one price for a double in a Standard Interior Room. It says the price is $2066, and it says that the prices are per person. Since my cousin will be coming along, would the price be $2066, or $4132? I know I can't book, yet, but I just want to get things cleared up before I do. Also, it says that the payment plan is 4 months. I have no problem doing that. I was wondering if I can also make payments every two weeks. I know that probably sounds dumb, but I just want to know. Thank you in advance for your help, and I can't wait to be on the Cruise! :bangers: :bangers:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Price Confusion.

by Amalu » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:00 am

All prices are per person, so you and your cousin will have to pay the $2066 adding up to $4132. Additionally you both have to each pay $469 of port charges, taxes, etc.

So your price will be (2066 + 469) * 2 persons, adding up to $5070 that have to be paid for the room.

For the payment. Each passenger can either pay his total due amount in full directly after booking, or chose to pay in 4 installments that can be a maximum of a month apart. If you want to pay earlier, say every two weeks, that is absolutely possible.
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:55 am

Amalu wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:00 am All prices are per person, so you and your cousin will have to pay the $2066 adding up to $4132. Additionally you both have to each pay $469 of port charges, taxes, etc.

So your price will be (2066 + 469) * 2 persons, adding up to $5070 that have to be paid for the room.

For the payment. Each passenger can either pay his total due amount in full directly after booking, or chose to pay in 4 installments that can be a maximum of a month apart. If you want to pay earlier, say every two weeks, that is absolutely possible.
    Thank you very much for clearing that up. I appreciate that.
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:39 am

Excuse-me, but more than $5000 for 5 days for a single interior cabin :shock: Of course if you share it with someone else it is less expensive, but for me, it is very expensive :roll: Well, I am not coming the next years, as I have booked for a regular cruise in 2024 - ok, it isn't a music cruise, it might be boring, but I wanted to do it in 2020, cancelled cause of the Covid -, but the cost for 15 days is really cheaper as I'm paying less than $4000 only for myself in the cabin. Ok, it isn't RC, but honestly, I'm not certain that I will be back at 70K in the future at this cost :roll: Btw, I have another trip plan for 2025, so, if I'm coming again, that wont to be before 2026.

As I'm quite certain that one of my favourite band, Beast in Black, will be at the 2024 cruise, I could regret it, but in the same time, since November 2022, I'm doing a lot of shows here in Switzerland, much more than I never did in the past, it cost me a lot of money, but how great it is to be back in some shows after the Covid :deathhorns:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:17 pm

taketheday wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:39 am Excuse-me, but more than $5000 for 5 days for a single interior cabin :shock: Of course if you share it with someone else it is less expensive, but for me, it is very expensive :roll: Well, I am not coming the next years, as I have booked for a regular cruise in 2024 - ok, it isn't a music cruise, it might be boring, but I wanted to do it in 2020, cancelled cause of the Covid -, but the cost for 15 days is really cheaper as I'm paying less than $4000 only for myself in the cabin. Ok, it isn't RC, but honestly, I'm not certain that I will be back at 70K in the future at this cost :roll: Btw, I have another trip plan for 2025, so, if I'm coming again, that wont to be before 2026.

As I'm quite certain that one of my favourite band, Beast in Black, will be at the 2024 cruise, I could regret it, but in the same time, since November 2022, I'm doing a lot of shows here in Switzerland, much more than I never did in the past, it cost me a lot of money, but how great it is to be back in some shows after the Covid :deathhorns:
    The $5,070 is the total, and not just for me. It is for me, and my cousin. Don't forget that the price is not only for the Cruise, but for all the bands that are performing, all the food, port fees, etc. If it is just me, then it is $2,535. If it is me, my cousin, and my brother, then the total will be $7,605. I hope that has cleared up some confusion. :bangers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:49 pm

LjlMetal wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:17 pm The $5,070 is the total, and not just for me. It is for me, and my cousin. Don't forget that the price is not only for the Cruise, but for all the bands that are performing, all the food, port fees, etc. If it is just me, then it is $2,535. If it is me, my cousin, and my brother, then the total will be $7,605. I hope that has cleared up some confusion. :bangers:
    Yep and that is how I tend to break down the costing. It's not just the cruise - its the bands, food, etc. And so many bands I love have never and probably WILL never tour Australia, so 70K is often the only way I'll ever get to see them outside of travelling to the US or Europe.

And of course being an old(er) metalhead, the luxury of seeing bands on a cruise ship beats the heck out seeing bands at a typical festival where you are slogging through mud or scorching hot sun, nowhere comfortable to sit, eating overpriced food that you've had to lineup for an hour at a foodtruck for, etc etc etc

:cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:45 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:49 pm Yep and that is how I tend to break down the costing. It's not just the cruise - its the bands, food, etc. And so many bands I love have never and probably WILL never tour Australia, so 70K is often the only way I'll ever get to see them outside of travelling to the US or Europe.

And of course being an old(er) metalhead, the luxury of seeing bands on a cruise ship beats the heck out seeing bands at a typical festival where you are slogging through mud or scorching hot sun, nowhere comfortable to sit, eating overpriced food that you've had to lineup for an hour at a foodtruck for, etc etc etc

:cheers:
    How I understand you, that must be very frustrating to not be able to see some bands in your own country :roll: That's my luck to live in a small country in the middle of Europe where a lot of bands stop for one or more shows :deathhorns:

Of course, except in 2020, I still shared my cabin with Amy, but since I had my electric wheelchair in 2018 a lot of things changed in my life, mostly since I have moved in the Italian part of Switzerland. Even if I have to walk to keep my mobility, the fact to be able to go to some some venues in my country where there is no possibility to be seated, as the Z7 at Pratteln, where they still gave me a seat, it is an huge advantage. To be honest with you, my wheelchair is also an advantage at Pratteln because it is more confortable and I can lift it up to have a best view :mrgreen: I am never going to some festivals, rather unaccessible in some places, even if we have a lot of festivals in my country, even in my hometown, but it is not a metal festival. But except that, to do more shows cost me rather a lot of money too, I have to go with the trains, few hours, have to sleep in a hotel, but with the wheelchair, I don't need to use a taxi, so, it is rather a new life for me since November 2022 since when I did 6 shows until March 2023 :headbanger: I have again one show in June and again 4 shows between September and December :mrgreen: I never did so many show until 2022, it was only at Pratteln before my wheelchair and only 2 - 3 every year.

But don't get me wrong, 70K has been a huge opportunity for me to discover a lot of fabulous bands and I also have discovered some great ones this year and before as well. I am hoping to be back in 2026, but that will depends of the shows I will do in my country, I have to choose the best way to have some great times. And it was also fabulous to have some new friends too :beerbang:

Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:09 am

No matter how you calculate this, 70k is by far the most expansive festival that I've ever attended.
    So let us ignore flights and hotels and stuff as this would be the same for Wacken, Graspop, Hellfest for someone like Dallas, or coming from the States. Let's also ignore booze as you will need to pay for this on other festivals as well.

So just the festival, the food and the accommodation.
    For Graspop for me last year this was around $600 in a very comfortable caravan with a very similar comfort level to the cabins of broad. So the 70k is a lot more expansive with objectively a lesser known line-up.

When it comes to the total package, would I say that the 70k is worth the price? Absolutely! Sleeping at Wacken etc. can be as comfortable as on the boat, but the walking distances are far greater, sitting down at venues is all but impossible during shows you will have much less protection against the weather etc.
    And we are not even talking about the bonus of no VIP area, bands playing twice (so you can see more) and the rather posh feeling of belong to a very exclusive crowd.

So yeah, it is expansive but still as long as I can somehow afford it, I will attend.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:49 pm

Amalu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:09 am No matter how you calculate this, 70k is by far the most expansive festival that I've ever attended.
    So let us ignore flights and hotels and stuff as this would be the same for Wacken, Graspop, Hellfest for someone like Dallas, or coming from the States. Let's also ignore booze as you will need to pay for this on other festivals as well.

So just the festival, the food and the accommodation.
    For Graspop for me last year this was around $600 in a very comfortable caravan with a very similar comfort level to the cabins of broad. So the 70k is a lot more expansive with objectively a lesser known line-up.

When it comes to the total package, would I say that the 70k is worth the price? Absolutely! Sleeping at Wacken etc. can be as comfortable as on the boat, but the walking distances are far greater, sitting down at venues is all but impossible during shows you will have much less protection against the weather etc.
    And we are not even talking about the bonus of no VIP area, bands playing twice (so you can see more) and the rather posh feeling of belong to a very exclusive crowd.

So yeah, it is expansive but still as long as I can somehow afford it, I will attend.
    Absolutely 100% agree!! :heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm

Amalu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:09 am No matter how you calculate this, 70k is by far the most expansive festival that I've ever attended.
    I can't say that because I've done Gold VIP cabins on MORC. lol
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:07 pm

taketheday wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:45 am But don't get me wrong, 70K has been a huge opportunity for me to discover a lot of fabulous bands and I also have discovered some great ones this year and before as well. I am hoping to be back in 2026, but that will depends of the shows I will do in my country, I have to choose the best way to have some great times. And it was also fabulous to have some new friends too :beerbang:
    Sorry to hear you won't be joining us for a while! You've been a part of our 70K Forum meet'n'greets for several years!

Enjoy your "regular" cruise! I'm going on my 21st cruise overall in October, an 8-day to Aruba, Bonaire, La Romana and Amber Cove (near Puerta Plata). 70K 2024 will make #21, as of the moment.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:33 am

Pellaz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:07 pm Sorry to hear you won't be joining us for a while! You've been a part of our 70K Forum meet'n'greets for several years!

Enjoy your "regular" cruise! I'm going on my 21st cruise overall in October, an 8-day to Aruba, Bonaire, La Romana and Amber Cove (near Puerta Plata). 70K 2024 will make #21, as of the moment.
    Thank you, enjoy yours as well :cheers: Mine will be 15 days from Seattle to Hawaii, with stop at Honolulu, Kauai, Maui and Hilo at Hawaii (the only place where I wont to be able to visit is Kauai because there will be some steps to go outside of the ship) and the last stop at Victoria in Canada. I will have plenty of time to visit the ship as we have 5 days at sea in our way to Hawaii and 4 days at sea at the return :mrgreen: The time to visit some bars :lol:

Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1